Today’s Amazon Kindle daily deal for grades 6-12 is the 2005 Newbery Honor book Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy by Gary D. Schmidt for just $1.99.
In 1911, Turner Buckminster hates his new home of Phippsburg, Maine, but things improve when he meets Lizzie Bright Griffin, a girl from a poor, nearby island community founded by former slaves that the town fathers–and Turner’s–want to change into a tourist spot.
Always check for price change before downloading. Use one of Amazon’s free reading apps if you don’t have a Kindle.
Enjoy these free teaching resources from the Linda’s Links to Literature database.
- Guide includes pre-teaching, discussion questions, and interdisciplinary activities. Listening Library
- Literature Unit Free download after registering for the site. Teachers Pay Teachers
- Novel Resource includes author information, booktalk, literary elements, curriculum connections, activities, discussion questions, and vocabulary. Leslie Preddy
- Reader’s Theater Lerner Books
- Reading Strategies include activities, strategies, and worksheets. Novelinks
- Teacher’s Guide includes author information, thematic discussion questions, curriculum connections, vocabulary, and web links. Random House
- More links…