The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year. In 1963, the book “The Snowy Day” won the Caldecott Medal for the most distinguished picture book. Viking Books has a special site for the book with author information, teaching resources and more.
Teaching Resources for The Snowy Day
- Read the book online and project the story in the classroom. We Give Books
- Activities include patterns for puppets and storytelling. Arkansas Department of Education
- Activity Card includes putting the story in sequence. University of Virginia Curry School of Education
- Game Ezra Jack Keats Organization
- Printables Homeschool Creations
- Study Guide includes pre-reading, during reading, and post reading activities. Weston Woods
- Reader’s Theater Pinellas County, FL, Schools
The Linda’s Links to Literature database has 30+ links to book-related teaching resources for this book.